History

For 164 years, St. James and John Catholic Elementary School has made a difference in the development of the children it serves. According to documents researched by the Archdiocesan Urban Task Force Committee, St. James and John is one of the oldest Catholic Elementary Schools in Baltimore City, founded by the School Sisters of Notre Dame in 1847. Children leave St. James and John School with a positive self-image, strong academic skills, a true religious commitment, and a love for learning.