At A Glance
By the Numbers
- 16 Students per class on average
- 18:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
- Students represent 31 different zip codes in Baltimore
- 100% 8th Grade Graduation Rate
- 12 Full Time Teachers, 4 Part-Time Teachers, 1 Librarian, 1 Special Educator, 3 Teacher Assistants, 1 Nurse
Saints James and John students' talents extend far beyond the classroom. In addition to receiving local scholarships, some of our students have participated in adventures at the White House, and have been recognized for their academic achievements.
- WEA Bowl Party
- 100% Participation in Technology, Spanish, Library, Physical Education Instruction
- 100% Participation in Community Outreach Programs
- STEM Focused School
- Extra Academic Support in Reading and Math classes, offered by Title I and Coach class
- Before and After care available from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Daily Breakfast and Lunch Options Available
- Student Safety Patrol
- Student Government Council
- Mother Mary Lange Junior Chapter
Positive School Environment
To foster a positive school environment where all students are educated in a safe and caring atmosphere, all Archdiocesan schools will follow established procedures for prevention and intervention for bullying, harassment or intimidation.
Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS) has been implemented in every Archdiocesan elementary and high school to enhance academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
All Archdiocesan high schools and elementary schools are accredited as a system through AdvancED. Every five years, the Department of Catholic Schools completes a system-wide accreditation review, which culminates with a visit by an AdvancED External Review Team. Each school is evaluated based on the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.